Oakleigh House Independent School started in 1919 and the School will soon be celebrating its 100th anniversary.
For the first seventy-five years of its existence the school was privately owned, growing in numbers from 25 to 200. In 1995 it became part of the Ffynone House School Trust and in 2007 joined the Cognita Group of Schools. Over the years Oakleigh House School has enjoyed an enviable reputation for academic excellence and for nurturing confident, enthusiastic learners whose happy memorable childhood equips them with a habit of work, the foundation of lifelong learning.
At Oakleigh House School we encourage children to be the best they can be through challenge, differentiation and support in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To provide a safe environment so that each child is free to explore and learn
- To encourage pupils to take pride in everything they do and have high expectations of themselves
- To celebrate achievements and successes at every opportunity
- To develop rounded, self-assured individuals, capable of embracing challenge
- To be positive role models
- To encourage children to respect each other and the world in which we live
- To foster a lively and varied learning environment adopting teaching styles relevant to each child’s learning.
- To work in partnership with parents, in the best interests of their child
Parent's feedback on our friendly school...
….wonderful family environment, our children are very happy and we are very happy too
…a real family feel, where pupils from all classes help each other and work and play together
… an excellent school, nurturing and supportive..has the right balance of academic and extra-curricular activities
…totally positive experience. High expectations for children and strong school-parent partnership are both evident.